What am I usually up to when I am not blogging? Travel….and more travel. Check out my Instagram account for travel pics. I also love the company of a good book with a piping hot cup of tea!
When I am not blogging, I freelance as a science journalist for different science magazines. I cover the latest research articles in interdisciplinary biology; Check out my selected articles here: https://meenakshiprabhune.contently.com/
Features and Zines
I have also featured in articles of fellow sci-commers and bloggers.
- I was featured in ‘Meet a Microbiologist section‘ of the blog Microbial Menagerie, maintained by Jennifer Tsang (@jw_tsang).
- I also wrote about my science communication experience in a zine by Maria Afonso (@literallyviral).
I was lucky to be interviewed for a few podcasts, which are a fast-growing medium of science communication.
- My interview on the show Goggles Optional, which airs on KZSU Stanford radio, was an exciting and new experience. Here’s a link to the recording of my first radio experience: http://gogglesoptional.com/episode-171-backpacks-optional/
- I was interviewed on “Spark Dialog” podcast to talk about my blog.
- I also run Synthego’s (a genome engineering company) podcast, CRISPR Cuts, where I talk to guests about everything CRISPR!
Talks & Workshops
- I gave a talk on “Careers beyond Academia” and also conducted a science journalism workshop at NCBS Bangalore in April 2018.
- I landed an opportunity for a workshop for Professional Opportunities for Women at the Biophysical society conference, 2018, on how scientists can use social media for outreach.
- I was invited as a panelist in the ‘Science Writing and Editing’ session at the Beyond Academia conference (both 2018 and 2019) at UC Berkeley.